Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The Sounds of Silence

Oh, I hate it when there isn't any Wi-Fi! We haven't had any until now. We've spent the last week in Lockport, NY, close to family and to Niagara Falls. Our 4th celebration was spent watching the fireworks over the falls. We did the whole tour of the falls on Monday. We spend Saturday and Tuesday with Vincent's brothers, Jim (and his love, Kat) and John. We were able to spend time with Jim's kids (Jake, Jan and Josh) and John's son, Matthew. All of the children are so grown and so beautiful. Being in the presence of everyone was truly a blessing. We had a WONDERFUL time seeing family, and taking a trip down memory lane. We visited all the places that were important in Vincent's younger life. We visited his home on Military Road, the park he had a soda stand, Sheridan Park, the house on Finch Road in Colden, PS 42, Griffith Institute in Springville. I saw where he got into trouble and where he had happy memories. I finally feel like I know what to envision when they talk about these places. Tonight, our last night, we are staying in Colden, on Heath Road at the campground there.

I'm going to post only a few pictures here... and will do more in the future... when I have some time to sit and post. We are going to PA next... hopefully to a place with Wi-Fi. We're rather footloose and fancy free these days! Oh, by the way... I WON A DIAMOND RING FROM HERKIMER DIAMOND MINES! YAY! I got the call while in Lockport... I'm SO excited! I can't wait. My name is posted all over at the Herkimer KOA and the diamond mines there!











No comments:

The Dennen Family

My photo
North Port, Florida, United States
We are Vince, Cheri, Linus-Rudolph (or Rudy for short) and Misty (Rudy’s brother) We love traveling across the USA and meeting all kinds of great people, seeing new places, having grand adventures, and creating fond memories in our class A motorhome!

Vincent & Cheri

Vincent & Cheri