Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Monomoy Island National Wildlife Refuge

Vincent and I went out to see the Wildlife Refuge that starts on Morris Island and ends on Monomoy, if you want to take the 15 mile trek at the right tide...(or a boat). It's a serene slice of heaven there. Not many people even know it's there (not even the people who live right around the corner!) It's tucked away and quiet. They've added a new visitors center there, but we went too late in the day to get in there. The nature is what we went for and found. I only wish I could insert the salty breezes for you to smell and feel. It was a total MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM moment. On the way home we stopped at Capt'n Elmers and picked up a quart of chowdah. Nothin' bettah than chowdah in Brewstah! Today, we have fresh swordfish steak to grill up... and we might go get some lobstah back at Capt'n Elmer's... they are on sale for 6.99 a pound. I might see my friend Martha tonight, too... a short jaunt to the mall... then home.

Today we're going to walk in Nickerson State Park... I'm on a quest for Ladyslippers. They're rare, delicate and beautiful flowers. I know just where to find 'em, too! Hopefully, they're still there and I can get some lovely photos. Until then, enjoy these photos of the NWF in Chatham.

No comments:

The Dennen Family

My photo
North Port, Florida, United States
We are Vince, Cheri, Linus-Rudolph (or Rudy for short) and Misty (Rudy’s brother) We love traveling across the USA and meeting all kinds of great people, seeing new places, having grand adventures, and creating fond memories in our class A motorhome!

Vincent & Cheri

Vincent & Cheri