Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Home At LAST!



This is the sight you long to see when you go to the Cape... going over the Sagamore Bridge and crossing the canal to get onto the cape. You know you're really there, when you make that trip. Everything is right with the world when the Cape Cod air fills your lungs and you know you're home once again. Well, for me it's home. I'm a Brewster girl...I'm a Cape Cod girl. It's what runs in my veins and makes my heart pump. We are here for two weeks. It's been so long since I've been here. I think it must have been 8 years now. Nothing much has changes. That's the wonderful part about my beloved Cape Cod. The people who live here, love it. They make sure that things don't change too much. Businesses might go out of business, and new ones might start up, but it's overall appearance is the same, and being here for me is a comfort. Cape Cod is magical and wonderful.

Our first real day here, we went to my favorite "haunts"... The Brewster General Store, The Handcraft House, The Bird Watcher's General Store, Sir Cricket's for fish and chips. Orleans and Brewster were the tours of the day. We bought Rudy a birdfeeder and some special seeds, and to all of our delight, it began attracting black capped chickadees and nuthatches right away. The chipmunks are EVERYWHERE here. Running, jumping, tussling.... we had a rabbit come by to greet us as well. Shady Knoll is a wonderful campground, very quiet, tucked away and secluded. It's filled with nature and solitude. Here are a few photos of some of my favorite places...




No comments:

The Dennen Family

My photo
North Port, Florida, United States
We are Vince, Cheri, Linus-Rudolph (or Rudy for short) and Misty (Rudy’s brother) We love traveling across the USA and meeting all kinds of great people, seeing new places, having grand adventures, and creating fond memories in our class A motorhome!

Vincent & Cheri

Vincent & Cheri