Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Lake Kissimmee State Park



Well, the morning started rough.  Woke up with a screaming migraine...the kind I normally go to the ER with, but I struggled through it without going...and pulled through the other end fine.  We left around 1:20.  Not bad considering I also in the midst of sick did two loads of laundry and carried crap down to the RV.  Not too shabby.  Anyway...this park is located in Lake Wales, FL.  We pulled in around 4.  Vincent discovered he really likes it here....the nice lady ranger CARDED him.  You have to be over 62 to get the senior half price discount.  She didn't believe him.  That made his night.  Then I walked in to collect up our paperwork and get my park stamp in my Florida State Park Passport and told the woman we are going to EVERY state park in the central section...and then write a book about our adventures.  I told her I was a teacher and had the summer to play like this.  She asked where, and when I said North Port, FL she said she used to live there.  Small world.  I hopped back into the RV and we made our way down the 3 mile road toward the campground, when we encountered a very deer friend.  No, I didn't spell that wrong...we were litterally greeted by a grazing deer.  It was beautiful. See for yourself:





  The park is beautiful, full of old live oak, spanish moss, and many friendly critters.  The bad part...our A/C broke.  SOOOOOOO tomorrow, we shall spend the day fixing the A/C.  I swear, it's always something when we adventure away.  Oh, well.  We have a cool mat to sleep on, and a fan...so for at least the night, we shall survive.  More adventures tomorrow!

No comments:

The Dennen Family

My photo
North Port, Florida, United States
We are Vince, Cheri, Linus-Rudolph (or Rudy for short) and Misty (Rudy’s brother) We love traveling across the USA and meeting all kinds of great people, seeing new places, having grand adventures, and creating fond memories in our class A motorhome!

Vincent & Cheri

Vincent & Cheri