Tuesday, July 19, 2011

How weird is THAT?

So, we pull into Memphis, TN for ONE night.  We arrive later in the evening, and get up the next morning and accomplish more in 7 hours time, than we were capable of when we had more time to do things. This trip we've had the curse of "it just closed" or "it was open yesterday".  Not this time, baby.  Not this time.  Everything we wanted to see and do was OPEN and AVAILABLE!  How totally cool.  Today's grand adventure was a trip to Graceland and then to the infamous Beale Street.  It was a hot TN day...but it was a great one.   Graceland was more than I expected it to be.  I went not so much because I had a great ache to go, but because my mother would have wanted to go and experience the home of a musician she loved so dearly.  That August 19th when he passed, I can recall laying down for nap time and her laying with me, softly weeping for her loss.  Now that I've lost her, I take her with me to places she might have liked.  When Vincent said that Memphis was halfway to our next destination, I immediately thought: Graceland.  Have to go there.  Mom would like it. Turns out, I really liked it, too.  We did the "cheap tour"...only went through the mansion, but really, that is where he lived and hung out...the rest of it is just a manufactured way to bleed you dry of even more money.  So, I'm posting just a few of my photos here...perhaps make a slide show to post later of all of them...all 333 of them..... I'll cover Beale Street in my next post.  Enjoy!

No comments:

The Dennen Family

My photo
North Port, Florida, United States
We are Vince, Cheri, Linus-Rudolph (or Rudy for short) and Misty (Rudy’s brother) We love traveling across the USA and meeting all kinds of great people, seeing new places, having grand adventures, and creating fond memories in our class A motorhome!

Vincent & Cheri

Vincent & Cheri